- You are presented with a board of squares. Some squares contain mines (bombs), others don't. If you click on a square containing a bomb, you lose. If you manage to click all the squares (without clicking on any bombs) you win.
- Clicking a square which doesn't have a bomb reveals the number of neighbouring squares containing bombs. Use this information plus some guess work to avoid the bombs.
- To open a square, point at the square and click on it. To mark a square you think is a bomb, point and right-click.
- A squares "neighbours" are the squares adjacent above, below, left, right, and all 4 diagonals. Squares on the sides of the board or in a corner have fewer neighbors. The board does not wrap around the edges.
- If you open a square with 0 neighboring bombs, all its neighbors will automatically open. This can cause a large area to automatically open.
- To remove a bomb marker from a square, point at it and right-click again.
- If you mark a bomb incorrectly, you will have to correct the mistake before you can win. Incorrect bomb marking doesn't kill you, but it can lead to mistakes which do.
- Click the "New Game" button to start a new game.